Sunday 3 April 2011

The blessed taper!

So enjoying  not having to increase the mileage each week or fortnight!  Did my last double figures run today - 13 miles.  Felt good for most of it although I got bored trying to count the tandems on the cycle path.  Saw a nice steam train, in fact, I was running alongside it for a few minutes.....  Tired at the end, though - am only going to run once this week.  I think my legs need a break and time to recover before the big day.  8 planned for next Sunday (in Cornwall) - will see how I feel.  Have been doing more rowing and even went swimming this week - 40 mins swimming up and down is so boring!  But I didn't feel tired afterwards so not sure if it did any good or not. 

Reading the Marathon forum sites is alternately scarey and then encouraging.  Some people (the superkeen!) have done 26 mile runs and a few 22 mile runs - others have only done max 16 or 18.  Some people are not running at all now - there is so much variation which is a bit confusing but I am just going to do my thing and hope for the best.

I have had about £150 sponsorship in the last week which is encouraging - but still have about 250 to go to hit my minimum!  I was going to do a sale yday (ie.. sell some stuff to raise money) but the one I was planning to do (involving a very early start) was not happening - good job I checked!  So will do one in May to make up any deficit.

No comments:

Post a Comment