Saturday 5 March 2011

Half-Marathon Prep


Yes, I am treating Silverstone tomorrow as a mini dress-rehearsal for the big day.  I have my 'rainbow skirt' which actually looks more like I am trying to dress up as a fairy - watch this space for photos after tomorrow!  and my T-shirt with name on (the real thing has not arrived back from the printers so have sewn felt letters on to my old Rainbow Ctr T-shirt).  Weird because this distance is the longest I have ever run in an organised race and yet I am supposed to get to the end and feel like I could do a whole lot more.  Not sure how I feel about it but am going to just try and enjoy the atmosphere especially as it is at one of the F1 racetracks I have a yearning to visit on a different occasion.  I am however, going to try and practise running with one of the pacer groups to see if I can stick with them over the distance which wll give me an idea as to whether that will work in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment