Saturday 12 February 2011

9 weeks to go!

Yes, 9 weeks tomorrow I am supposed to be pounding the streets of London (well, maybe not pounding!) - so I decided I would start blogging about it - if only to keep myself motivated! 

Just to recap on the history of this rather crazy challenge - it has been an idea floating in my mind for a couple of years now - that I should do it once and once only and if I didn't I might forever regret it.  I hit the big 5 0 three months ago which made me think it could be now or never so I decided it should be now rather than never!  I am running for the amazing Rainbow Centre, a fantastic charity here in Bristol which provides therapeutic care and support to children and families who have been affected by bereavement, a life-threatening illness or cancer.

Training started well before the snow and viruses of Christmas - then I was playing catch up but caught up well until 3 weeks ago when I started having trouble with my left knee.  I am plodding on and hoping that it doesn't get worse but having to catch up on my training plan again. 

So - I am back up to double figures (i.e. I ran 11 miles today) - and need to do 14 on Monday - that's from here to just beyond Bitton - & back! I am finding that the routes I do are getting a bit boring - but at least I have a choice of 3 off-road routes thanks to the wonderful Bath to Bristol cycle track.

Thats all for this first post.  Below (hopefully if it will load) is a rubbish picture of me just coming back from a shorter run i.e. not looking like a melting beetroot)

No comments:

Post a Comment