Saturday 19 February 2011

To Sea Mills and beyond!

Actually there was no beyond - but I did get as far as Sea Mills railway station which is a fair way down the Portway towards the M5 - so officially about 15 and a half miles there and back - which is my longest run so far - although the last half hour was a bit of a run/walk affair with very heavy legs.  Quite enjoyed it overall and was out for nearly 3 hours (that shows how slow I was towards the end - but at least I got the miles in my legs and can build on that.  Nothing too exciting to report - loads of tourists around the harbour, I think the SS Great Britain must be open for half-term - I tried to take a picture of the 'Clifton doves' on my phone but you can't see anything - no, that's not a local indie band, but they are actually doves which roost in the cliffs below the suspension bridge and circle the gorge.  Quite a lovely sight, generally!  It was supposed to be a sunny day but was mostly grey and even a bit drizzly at times. 

Have enjoyed recovering from that exertion by watching all the sport on telly this afternoon - really enjoyed seeing Chelsea get knocked out of the FA cup by Everton and then seeing Mo Farah break the British record was a real pleasure.  Just a shame the mighty Crawley Town didn't beat Man United! 

Zoe has been helping me design my fancy dress for the Marathon - a rainbow coloured net skirt to go over my running leggings!  We even found some probably suitable fabric on ebay!  So watch this space! 

No comments:

Post a Comment